SITE ARCHIVED OCTOBER 1, 2004
The NASA University (NASA U) supports the Administrator's mission for NASA:
This unique institute of higher learning promotes awareness of the multi-faceted
prospects of science and the potential of astrobiology. NASA U brings Research
Associates, selected from among the many who compete, to NASA Ames Research Center
(ARC), located in the heart of Silicon Valley, to explore many facets of NASA
- To understand and protect our home planet,
- To explore the Universe and search for life,
- To inspire the next generation of explorers as only NASA can.
The NASA University (NASA U) is an intellectual hub for communication among scientists, technologists and students in astrobiology, one of the most cross-disciplinary of scientific research disciplines.
- life’s origin, evolution, and distribution in the universe
- the design of NASA Missions
- nanotechnology and information technology applications
- study of collaborative problem-solving across disciplines
- the protection of our planet
- the evolution of terrestrial life
- the future of life on Earth and beyond.